I opted for an epidural this time, and WOW, can I say that had to be the easiest delivery ever??? After my epidural took effect, the doctor broke my water and about 45 minutes later, we had Blake. It only took about 3 pushes, and he was out. Time of birth: 10:25 p.m.
Blake was a lightweight (ha, ha) weighing in at 9 lbs., 10 oz. (Grant was the exact same weight). He measured 22.5 inches long. Because he had low blood sugar levels, they did take him away to supplement with formula and an IV. That was tough, but he was back in my room by the next afternoon. We ended up staying one more night (which was fine, as I knew the craziness I was headed for at home), so we went home Friday after lunch.
This week has flown by!! Crazy, it seems. He's a good sleeper, so nights haven't been too bad so far. It was wonderful to have Steve's parents here for the first week and then my mom has been helping me this week too, so I've been spoiled! I don't know what I'm going to do next week!! Hopefully keep it all together!
Here are some pictures of our sweet little Blake.
Just born:






One Week:

9 Days:

With Max (9 days):
2 comments:
Well, he is a dolly isn't he? Precious to say the least. I am so glad you have help--of course, Steve's parents may have returned to Lincoln by now. But enjoy....
Awesome images of Blake with his new family!!! I love you Blake! Big hugs to you Mommy! Big hugs too youuu!
Post a Comment