Here are some highlights!!
Thanks to Priceline, we got a great room not too far from the beach, which Max and Blake LOVED and did not want to leave. Katelyn and Grant were bored quickly, so they were ready to go in about an hour. I think the little ones would have stayed all day if I would have let them.


The next day it was on to Legoland. This was my first time going (not the big kids') and I must say it's a really fun park! Max was able to ride most of the rides and they had a lot of fun stuff for the kids, especially the water part. We planned ahead and had them wear their suits under their clothes, and fortunately it was a warm enough day that they didn't mind getting wet! Max was pretty burned out by the afternoon and having a few temper tantrums (why, oh why, did I have to get rid of the binky before I took this trip???)! All in all, it was a great day! The kids really loved Legoland!




So, our last part of our getaway was spent at Balboa Park in San Diego. We weren't sure what to expect, but I think the kids might have had the most fun here. We found this old carousel ride that the kids could try and reach for the brass ring to win a free ride. They went on that about 20 times!! It reminded us of our first Nancy Drew game we ever played! Then we went on this little train ride that Max loved ... had to go on that several times too! (and look, I made it in a picture!!)


The main part of Balboa Park houses 15 major museums. We didn't go through them all (time was not on our side), but we did go visit the Miniature Trains ... Max LOVED it in there. He just watched and watched all the different trains. It was amazing how much work these volunteers put into it. There were trains everywhere!

Our last stop before heading home was to go to the Corvette Diner. Katelyn picked it out, and it was a great choice! It was very loud and crazy in there, so we fit right in! Max was a little freaked out by our waiter, but our food was great, the shakes were yummy and the Bazooka gum at the end topped it off :) They even have a DJ in the place and everyone starts dancing around! It was quite the fun place to be!
Even though it was a lot of work, it was fun to go and spend this time doing something new and fun! Next time though, Steve has to come too!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment