Monday, June 12, 2006

Sniff, sniff ... Katelyn's first year at camp!

It's hard to believe that Katelyn is now old enough to go to camp ... it just doesn't seem right! Even so, Katelyn has been looking forward to this week for quite some time, so I was excited for her and her first week at camp. We drove about 3.5 hours up to the Sequoia National Forest to Lake Hume. It's so beautiful up there ... I almost wish I was a counselor this year, but Steve said I couldn't do that ... the whole point is the kids have time away from us! I just don't understand, but anyway, here are some pictures from the area.

Katelyn is staying at WagonTrain this week ... and they get to sleep in covered wagons ... they looked a bit primitive compared to what I stayed in when I went to camp, but they definitely looked fun too! Grant already was playing in the little crick that ran between the wagons. Our church brought about 40 campers, 20 girls, 20 boys, but there were many other churches there too.

To find out more about this camp, check it out online Hume Lake Christian Camp.

 
 
 

 

No comments: