Highlights:
The kids (who know me too well) insisted I open my presents the night before. They wanted me to be able to sleep in and so it just made more sense to open them then! Because of their persistence, I caved. ;) Steve and them got me some amazing gifts ... a Macy's card to buy some more MAC makeup (LOVE IT!), the new Nancy Drew game (!!!!!!), some 8 lb. weights (I asked for these!)! The kids were so sweet and had walked to Rite Aid awhile back and bought me some of my FAVORITE stuff ... a box of new crayons (favorite thing!!) and some yummy lip gloss!

I got some moo-lah from my mom (she knows me soooo well ... now, what to spend it on!), a fabulous purse from my sister-in-law (see striped bag below), a powerball ticket from Grandpa and Grandma (that I haven't even checked yet! YIKES, I might be a millionaire and not even know it!!!), but I didn't win anything with the scratch-off ticket (bummer), my best buddies Lauren and Terri got me a facial!!! I'm so excited, because I've been wanting to try that for awhile, so I can't wait for my appt. next Thursday! ... my friend/client (but mostly friend!!) Alleece got me an AWESOME bag that she knows I was dying for! (see bag that Max is modeling). It's huge and can carry lots of fun stuff!! She also got me a delicious Sweet Surrender cake (I was on carb overkill yesterday!) and the adorable glasses and headband and also a fun serving knife that sings "Happy Birthday" ... my kids had fun driving me crazy with that one. And my dear client/friend Dorothy that spoils me rotten (ohhhhh how I love that!) sent me a HUGE basket full of birthday yummies ... a cute plate, some great decorations ... love the door mat and cupcake to hang on the door ... some plates, napkins, and Blake's favorite, GINORMOUS gum drops and licorice treats! He was not happy when I took them away from him! Oh, and I can't forget the most beautiful floral arrangement! She knows me so well ... love the gerbers and all the unique flowers! Awesome!
Oh, and I can't forget what I had been waiting for all month ... Sweet Surrender cupcakes from Steve! I guess he got my
I think the best part was just all the love I got from friends and family, on Facebook and in *real* life! It was a fabulous day! Thanks to everyone who made me feel special ... sometimes a girl needs that! I think this year I really did, and I'm so excited for what next year holds!
PS: My gift to myself of losing 40 lbs. by my birthday was ALMOST reached. Weigh-in the morning of my birthday was 39 lbs. lost!! Woo hoo! My Christmas present to myself will be at least another 40 lbs.! Going to be hard, but I'm determined. Gotta head to the gym after all this cake/cupcakes!!!
Me at 37 (pictures by Katelyn ... she's so good!!! I think I have some competition):













2 comments:
What a loser friend I am :( I didn't even know it was your birthday. But I am writing it down now! But you gotta know how much I LOVE YOU! And I am so proud of you. You look so beautiful--you are my hero! I am also proud of you for getting your picture taken--it's about time:)
Katelyn is awesome!
I'm glad you had a great day, sorry I wasn't a part of it. I love you and Happy Belated Birthday!
Liz
You are crazy! You are not even close to a loser friend ... I'm the worst at remembering birthdays, so you can't take my spot!! I absolutely know how much you LOVE me :) LOL! And would never think any differently! I'm pretty Facebook had something to do with people remembering! LOL!
I definitely wish you were here to celebrate with me, but regardless of whether you remembered or not, you were with me in spirit!! You're the best, and I'm sooooo thankful for your friendship!!!
Post a Comment