Wednesday, August 30, 2006

first day of school ... 2006-2007

As sad as I am that summer is over, I am glad that the kids are really enjoying their new school year! Katelyn loves her teacher and loves every single thing about school, even the homework. She has even been asking the teacher for extra work. I told her to lay off, or she's going to drive her new teacher nuts! Ha, ha ...

Grant has a long-term substitute as his teacher is out on maternity leave until January. She's a great sub, and we think of her as his teacher, and not a sub. I know he will miss her when she goes. As always his favorite part of school is recess, but he is doing really great with school work also. We just have to work on neatness, but he is excelling in all other areas.

The hard part has been adjusting to waking up in the mornings and getting ready without dawdling, but they are doing pretty well! They enjoy walking to school, so they have to be ready 15 minutes earlier than normal to do that.

Max and I miss them, but do enjoy the little bit of peace and quiet we get too! Max has the dogs to harrass while they're at school!

 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: