Friday, December 29, 2006

Quick Trip to Lincoln

For part of Steve's Christmas present, we all flew to Omaha to meet Steve's parents and then Steve & I drove on to Missouri for the big Nebraska vs. Oklahoma game. We met up with the Weller clan who were tailgating it in the bitter cold (crazy, I tell ya!). Of course, we were crazier, as we were staying for the game, while they got to go back and warm up at Great Wolf Lodge (a great place to stay with kids!!!). It was cold at the game, but not toooooooo bad ;) Ha, ha. Unfortunately, Nebraska didn't pull out a win, but it was fun to get to go. The kids had a great time at Matejka's, making cookies, learning how to play pool and just hanging out with their grandparents!

Sunday we drove back to Lincoln. We celebrated Christmas with Steve's family and the adults got to play some hands of 31 while the kids watched a movie. I was sad that we had to go back so soon,
and it was one of the those times that made me really miss living by all our family. I know our times are precious when we get to visit, but I sure wish there were more of them. Maybe someday. Grant definitely would love to move back to Lincoln to be close to Cole! He talks about it all the time :) They are great buddies, and all the kids do great, especially when the girls leave the boys alone (and vice versa!).




No comments: