Tuesday, March 17, 2009

road trip

So, I was supposed to have this session on Sunday that I was expecting to take up my whole afternoon and was looking forward to it (albeit a bit nervous), but they had to reschedule and it was a beautiful day, so the kids and I (sans Blake) took a little roadtrip to try to find some wildflowers. We actually ended up in Lake Isabella, but only stayed there about 5 minutes because it was soooooooooo windy and we were freezing (yes, it was 60 out, but the wind was cold!). We did stop along the way in the mountains to play by the river, searching for creatures and any other cool stuff. Saw a few lizards on the warm rocks, but they were too fast for Grant. It really was a fun day, and Grant kept telling me how much fun he was having. That was the best. I really need to do stuff like that more often!














I brought along an extra camera and let the kids play too. I was pleasantly surprised at how good of photographers they are! LOL! Katelyn had some neat landscape photos, and Grant had a few too (he didn't get much time with the camera ... not saying anyone was a camera hog, but you know ...)






Here's a cool one of Grant's.

2 comments:

The 5 of Us said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Makes me want to take the boys on road trip one day. They will probably complain that I they don't have anything to play with. But it would still be fun.

Anita Matejka Photography said...

Give them little nets and sticks, and they will be happy campers! Max loved exploring along with Grant!